MIZORAM KHADI & VILLAGE INDUSTRIES BOARD
Mizoram KVI Board is established in March 1986 by an Act of Assembly i.e; the Mizoram Khadi & Village Industries Act, 1982. The Board is a statutory body and promotional body, but having a power to take up trading and business activities for the benefit of its registered Village Industries units, so as to promote Village Industries.The Mizoram KVI Board is established to provide for the better facilities development and regulation of Khadi & Village Industries in the State of Mizoram. As provided in section 17 of Mizoram Khadi & Village Industries Board Act, 1982, the Board shall perform the following functions and activities:
* To start, encourage, assist and carry on Mizoram Khadi & Village Industries and to carry on trade or business in such industries and in the matters incidental to such trade or business.
* To help the people by providing them with work in their homes and to give loans and other form of monetary help to individuals, registered co-operative societies and registered institutions.
* To encourage establishment of co-operative societies for Khadi and Village Industries and Handicraft. To conduct training centres and to train people with a view to equipping them with the necessary knowledge for starting or carrying on Khadi and Village Industries.
* Mizoram KVI Board is one of the implementing agency for Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) in the State of Mizoram. Physical target is 150 projects and financial target is Rs. 211.00 lakhs for the year 2011 – 2012. The Board has achieved more than 50 projects as on 2.9.2011.
* The Board runs MDTC at Zemabawk from 1984. During 2011 – 2012, the first batch of training completed on 31st June.
* The Board has established Tung Oil Producing centre at Saitual and MDTC Zemabawk. In 2011, the Board processed 150 quintals of Tung seed. Mizoram is the sole producer of Tung Oil in India. All Tung farmers are requested to collect Tung seed for sale at the producing centre.
* The Board Established Emporium for marketing in every district of Mizoram. KVI Board is the sole agency to sell National Flag of different size in Emporium. Paraffin wax was lifted by the Board and sale at Emporium for candle making industry.
* All unit assisted under the Board was provided technical support if and when necessary.
* The Board established Rural Industrial Consultancy Service (RICS) to help Industrial Unit in making project report at main office.