DISTRICT INDUSTRIES CENTRE - CHAMPHAI
The Department of Industries, Govt. of Mizoram has started its function at Champhai by opening training Centre of Knitting & Tailoring, Handloom and Branch R.M. Depot since 1983. In view of the need for strengthening the administration and development of SSI units / entrepreneurs of the District, the Govt. has opened & started functioning of Sub-Divisional Industries Office in the year, 1999. The status of this Sub-Division was upgraded into District Industries Centre on 14.8.2004. This DIC is functioning very smoothly till date under the administrative control of General Manager, DIC, Aizawl.
This DIC plays an important role for industrial development in the District. It helps the Artisans/Entrepreneurs in regard to matter connected with economic investigation, consultancy, project formulating, registering, etc.;
1. Registration is done in two stages-EM Part-I and EM Part-II.
2. Preparation of Project report.
3. Support service and consultancy to prospective and existing entrepreneurs.
4. Follow up of PMRY and other Govt. sponsored schemes.
5. Co-operation of District Level Committees.
Incentive to Industrial Units:
1. Invitation & receipt of application, verification and recommendation for GIA to Artisan.
2. Verification and recommendation of application of CTS / SIS / SPINE Scheme to DIC, Aizawl.
3. Invitation & receipt of application of PMRY.
Knitting & Tailoring Training Centre:
Invitation & receipt of application with selection for undergoing six months artisan training in Tailoring & Knitting for 30 Nos. capacity per batch.
Proposed Scheme: Industrial Estate at Hmunhmeltha is being implemented
Content provided and maintained by Department of Industries, Government of Mizoram